Monday, September 26, 2005

Rockstar: INXS

I never liked rock n roll its like music with screaming people with zilch words to decipher. Only to learn from Chito that there’s like a number of genres of rock: death metal, glam rock, etc. (I forgot the others). Creep is the only rock song I know and I liked (probably because I never really wanted to hear the others)

But then I came across Rockstar: INXS. And yeah I’m a reality TV sucker…big time! That’s why I suddenly had “time” to listen to rock. I had the chance to watch it from the start…and probably about 2 weeks after, I learned from Third that Mig Ayesa was Filipino. After that, I was just so hooked! Even coming to office late just to watch the live telecast every Wednesday and Thursday. Yeah, yeah pathetic…addict…reality TV sucker. Call me names…hahaha!

I had my favorites. Of course there’s MiG as always…which I like only coz he’s Filipino. He a bit gay-ish for me. But I love him in his tight leather pants and open jacket. I love the way he puts himself together (or the show’s stylist for that matter). Marty’s voice is just…wow! And I love his rendition of Creep and the vibe I get from his original song: Trees. And there’s Ty. Great performer. I’m now listening to Creedence Clearwater’s Proud Mary and I think Ty’s version is way better… he manages to put soul in his songs. Just a thought…why does Creedence Clearwater pronounce burnin’ as boynin’?! what’s up with that?

JD…who we all know now is the new frontman for INXS…well, is just okay. He managed to give great performances but his working style is just odd…unprofessional. Maybe what’s important is the final outcome…but in the long run, his bandmates may have a hard time. Instead of doing rehearsals… JD might prefer dozing off…Maybe INXS liked his edginess…hopefully it works for them…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there!

I'm an INXS fan and i like to invite everybody to my INXS forum, there you can find there rare stuff (for free, of course) as many bootlegs concerts and rare and live videos too in direct download (Rapidshare & Megaupload), so come on and join us!

http://inxs.phpbbforum.eu

Martín