Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Drei on strike

Drei was exclusively getting breastmilk for 8 ½ months until I got quite busy at work and I was required to travel. And travel meant me pumping and dumping my milk. I wanted to cry while I was pouring my milk down the drain while Drei was taking that darn milk formula! He’s been mixed fed for about a month now and I felt like I failed.

And for 7 straight days now, Drei’s on nursing strike. I didn’t know there was such a thing until I opened this up in an online community that I’m in. I was startled when Drei bit me while he was nursing. My initial reaction was to give him a stern No! while giving him the stink eye. He cried and pulled away. This happened twice in a span of 10mins. That was the last time that I nursed him, and everyday has been a struggle. It’s been a week since I last nursed him and I miss it. I miss our 30-minute bonding time where its only me and him…that we have our own little world. And the way he snuggles up to me at night when he wants to nurse while I cuddle him to dreamland.

I feel like breastfeeding is a blessing. Not all are given the opportunity to breastfeed but I felt like I took it for granted. And that maybe God is getting it back from me. The past week made me realize that it is indeed a gift…and I look forward to holding Drei in my arms while he nurses. I hope to win him back and I promise I will try sooo hard to keep nursing him until he self-weans.

Dear God, please help.

No comments: