Monday, July 18, 2005

my hunny bestfriend

I quote the first line of one of the hit songs today…"who would’ve thought this is how the pieces fit?..."

I’ve always dreamed of someday meeting a guy bestfriend whom I’d simply be myself. No qualms, no pretentions. And yes I quote myself saying that if I see someone as my friend, that’s it. Period.

I came to know my guy friend…I didn’t mind if I looked unkept, be cranky at times and throw tantrums around. Be loud, bitch around, act crazy. I always said what was on my mind. It was so easy being with him.

We would have food trips. Crave for California maki almost simultaneously, go lunch outs with our officemates, go to glorietta for that San Francisco coffee brownie a la mode and stuff. I’d ask if I can hitch to work if its raining…coz I so hated bringing jackets or umbrellas. I’d rather get wet than bring those things with me. He didn’t mind.

We would take out our Hongky pal with our friends to gimiks, beach trips, food trips, etc. Hang out at Fraser place. Watch horror dvd’s. Some of my girl friends would make palibre and he’d readily do so. He’d watch over me. See if I’m getting drunk…wait till I get tucked in. He would share his breakfast sandwich me…coz I loved them. Soo yummy! He’d even give me my favorite chocolate bar if he has some at home or those Kraft cheese crackers that I really liked. He even took my friend and I home coz we stayed till the beauty parlor’s closing time.

One time I wasn’t feeling well and he asked if he could take me home just to make sure I’m okay. But I said I’m a big girl and I can take care of myself. Midway my walk in Paseo, I said I can’t take it anymore, I thought I can make it pa. He picked me up and brought me to my place. He took care of me.

I would open up to him, share my heartaches…He would listen and make me feel better after our conversation.

He never took advantage of our friendship. He respected me.

And then things became quite uneasy for me at some point. I had a slight hint when he would take on the role of being my boyfriend of some sort. He’d ask me by lunch time “Pa’no ka uwi?” I mean, it could’ve been less obvious if he asked me by end of office hours. He was obliging himself to take me home every chance there is.

But he was never my type. Not tall, got love handles, has chest hair. No attraction whatsoever.

I became indifferent. I didn’t want him to like me more than a friend. But he did. I would intentionally hurt him in more ways than one just so he would back off and think twice about me. But he was just there. He didn’t mind if I was being harsh…Hanging on to those moments that I’d be nice to him.

I quote from an old song “…what started out as friendship has grown stronger…”

I suddenly became nicer, more receptive. I admired his soul and loved his heart.
I soon found myself not minding if we were always together. He’d pick me up from my office in Ortigas, treat me out to dinner, bring me home. He’d do this everyday after work. Makati – Ortigas – Makati – Quezon city. He waited for me even if I stayed late in the office.

I felt so special when I’m around him. He made me very happy and content. He supported me all the way. He made me a better person. He never failed to look after me, and amaze me. I get moved with his feelings for me. Made things seem so easy for me. He inspired me to reach my dreams.

I realized that maybe I was looking too hard for my perfect guy. He was right in front of me, my bestfriend.

As I said, I’ve always dreamed of someday meeting a guy bestfriend whom I’d simply be myself. No qualms, no pretentions

And I quote again “who would’ve thought this is how the pieces fit?”

No comments: